Commercial Fishing Industry - Global Market Outlook (2017-2026)
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Commercial Fishing Industry Market is accounted for $240.99 billion in 2017 and is expected to reach $438.59 billion by 2026 growing at a CAGR of 6.9% during the forecast period. Ample presence of different kinds of fish such as tuna, cord, and salmon, the expanding demand for a variety of seafood, and increasing awareness about the health benefits of seafood are the major factors stimulating the commercial fishing industry market. Moreover, increased demand for aquaculture is a key opportunity observed in the recent years. However, there are a number of harmful effects caused by commercial fishing, such as the exhaustion of marine resources, which are inhibiting the market growth.
Commercial fishing is the activity of catching fish and other seafood for commercial profit, mostly from wild fisheries. It provides a large quantity of food to many countries around the world, but those who practice it as an industry must often pursue fish far into the ocean under adverse conditions. This profession has gained in popularity with the development of shows such as Deadliest Catch, Swords, and Wicked Tuna.
Based on species, ground fish segment acquired significant growth in the market due to the low-fat and high-quality protein content offered by these fishes and the ease of incorporation into food applications.
By geography, Asia Pacific is dominating the market and the factors driving the growth of this region are economic growth and the shift of the preferences of the consumers toward value-added processed fish products.
Some of the key players in commercial fishing industry market include Atlantex Sp., Liberty, Frozen Foods Private Limited, Iglo Group, K R M Marine Exports Limited, Marine Harvest, Sri Siddhi Freezers & Exporters Private Limited, Armana Limited, Andenesfisk As, Sajo Industries, High Liner Foods, Catamaran Waterbase Solutions Private Limited, Hudson Fish Co., Shanghai Kaichuang Marine International Co. Ltd., Toyo Suisan Kaisha, Ltd., Tassal Group Ltd., Umami Sustainable Seafood Inc., Charoen Pokphand Foods PCL, Maruha Nichiro Corporation and Thai Union Frozen Products Public Company Limited.
• Ground Fish
• Other Species
• Trolling with single lines
• Large nets
• Other Types
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country level segments
- Market share analysis of the top industry players
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 9 years of all the mentioned segments, sub segments and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements
Best in class reports with high standard of research integrity
24X7 Research Support
Continuous support to ensure the best customer experience.
Adding more values to your product of interest.
Safe & Secure Access
Providing a secured environment for all online transactions.
Trusted by 600+ Brands
Serving the most reputed brands across the world.