Depression Drugs - Global Market Outlook (2019 -2027)
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Depression Drugs Market is accounted for $12.38 billion in 2019 and is expected to reach $16.68 billion by 2027 growing at a CAGR of 3.8% during the forecast period. Some of the factors such as growing healthcare expenditure and increasing insurance coverage are anticipated to fuel the market growth. However, side effects associated with these drugs along with the availability of other treatment methods such as psychotherapy is hindering the market growth.
Depression drugs are medications used to treat major depressive disorders, some anxiety disorders, chronic pain conditions, and to help manage some addictions. Common side effects of depression drugs include dry mouth, weight gain, dizziness, headaches, and sexual dysfunction.
Based on the drug class, the serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs) segment is likely to have a huge demand due to SNRIs help relieve depression symptoms, essentially sadness and irritability. These neurotransmitters are known to affect mood. Serotonin is also called a “feel-good” because it is accompanied by positive feelings of wellbeing. Norepinephrine is associated with alertness and energy. SNRIs help treat depression by maintaining the levels of these two neurotransmitters in the brain. They do this by discontinuing norepinephrine and serotonin from going back into the cells that released them.
By geography, North America is estimated to have a lucrative growth owing to high patient awareness levels regarding the availability of various drugs for depression, rising healthcare expenditure and the relatively larger number of R&D exercises on drug manufacturing and marketing, etc. these factors contribute for significant revenue generation from the region.
Some of the key players profiled in the Depression Drugs Market include Abbott, Allergan, Eli Lilly and Company, GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson & Johnson, Novartis AG, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Zhejiang NHU Company Ltd, and Sebela Pharmaceuticals.
Disease Types Covered:
• Generalized Anxiety Disorder
• Major Depressive Disorder
• Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders (OCD)
• Schizophrenia and Bipolar I Disorder
• Panic Disorder
• Other Disease Types
Drug Classes Covered:
• Atypical Antidepressants
• Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs)
• Serotonin and Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitors (SNRIs)
• Tricyclic Antidepressants (TCAs)
• Norepinephrine-dopamine Reuptake Inhibitor (NDRI)
• Tetracyclic Antidepressants
• Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors
• Central Nervous System (CNS) Stimulants
Distribution Channels Covered:
• Hospital Pharmacies
• Online Pharmacies
• Retail Pharmacies
Drug Types Covered:
• Branded Drugs
• Generic Drugs
• Prosthetic Clinics
• Rehabilitation Center
• Research Centres
• North America
o Rest of Europe
• Asia Pacific
o New Zealand
o South Korea
o Rest of Asia Pacific
• South America
o Rest of South America
• Middle East & Africa
o Saudi Arabia
o South Africa
o Rest of Middle East & Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country-level segments
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Covers Market data for the years 2018, 2019 2020, 2024, and 2027
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements
Free Customization Offerings:
All the customers of this report will be entitled to receive one of the following free customization options:
• Company Profiling
o Comprehensive profiling of additional market players (up to 3)
o SWOT Analysis of key players (up to 3)
• Regional Segmentation
o Market estimations, Forecasts and CAGR of any prominent country as per the client's interest (Note: Depends on feasibility check)
• Competitive Benchmarking
o Benchmarking of key players based on product portfolio, geographical presence, and strategic alliances
Best in class reports with high standard of research integrity
24X7 Research Support
Continuous support to ensure the best customer experience.
Adding more values to your product of interest.
Safe & Secure Access
Providing a secured environment for all online transactions.
Trusted by 600+ Brands
Serving the most reputed brands across the world.