Dimethyl Carbonate - Global Market Outlook (2019-2027)
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Dimethyl Carbonate Market is accounted for $895.00 million in 2019 and is expected to reach $1,681.28 million by 2027 growing at a CAGR of 8.2% during the forecast period. Growing demand for dimethyl carbonate in lithium-ion battery electrolytes and increasing demand for polycarbonate from various industries are the major factors driving the market growth. However, use of highly toxic raw material for DMC synthesis is restraining the market growth. Moreover, dimethyl carbonate as an oxygenated fuel additive would provide ample opportunities for the market growth.
Dimethyl carbonate is a colorless, transparent and flammable organic compound classified as a carbon ester. It is an environmentally suitable compound that can be used for upgrading several promising renewables including fatty acids, glycerol, polysaccharides, triglycerides, and lignin-based phenolic compounds and sugar-derived platform molecules.
Based on grade, the industry grade (>99.0 weight %) segment is likely to have a huge demand as it is widely used in the manufacturing of polycarbonates. It is also used as solvents in paints & coatings, and reagents in pesticides. By geography, Asia Pacific is going to have a lucrative growth during the forecast period due to increasing use of dimethyl carbonate in the synthesis of polycarbonate in countries such as China, Japan, Korea, Thailand, Taiwan, Singapore, and Malaysia.
Some of the key players profiled in the Dimethyl Carbonate Market include Alfa Aesar, Arrow Chemical Group Corp, Dongying City Longxing Chemical Co LTD, Guangzhou Tinci Materials Technology Co LTD, Haike Chemical Group, Hebei New Chaoyang Chemical Stock Co LTD, Kishida Chemical Co LTD, Kowa Company LTD, Lotte Chemical, Merck KGaA, Panax ETEC, Shandong Shida Shenghua Chemical Group Co LTD, Tokyo Chemical Industry Co LTD, Tongling Jintai Chemical Industrial Co LTD and UBE Industries Ltd.
• Gas-Phase Oxidation Carbonylation
• Transesterification Method
• Industry Grade (>99.0 weight %)
• Pharmaceutical Grade (>99.5 weight %)
• Battery Grade (>99.9 weight %)
• Reagent Grade (99.1% - 99.8%)
• Direct Synthesis From Co2
• Ethylene Carbonate Transesterification Process
• Methanol Phosgenation
• Oxidative Carbonylation of Methanol
• Oxidative Carbonylation of Methanol Via Methyl Nitrate
• Urea Transesterification
• < 0.002% Water
• < 0.005% Water (100mL pkg)
• Battery Electrolyte
• Chemical Synthesis & Intermediate
• Polycarbonate Synthesis/ Production
• Other Applications
End Users Covered:
• Alternative Fuel Additives
• Medical/ Pharmaceutical
• Other End Users
• North America
o Rest of Europe
• Asia Pacific
o New Zealand
o South Korea
o Rest of Asia Pacific
• South America
o Rest of South America
• Middle East & Africa
o Saudi Arabia
o South Africa
o Rest of Middle East & Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country-level segments
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Covers Market data for the years 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 and 2027
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic analysis: Drivers and Constraints, Product/Technology Analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, SWOT analysis, etc.
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements
Free Customization Offerings:
All the customers of this report will be entitled to receive one of the following free customization options:
• Company Profiling
o Comprehensive profiling of additional market players (up to 3)
o SWOT Analysis of key players (up to 3)
• Regional Segmentation
o Market estimations, Forecasts and CAGR of any prominent country as per the client's interest (Note: Depends on feasibility check)
• Competitive Benchmarking
Benchmarking of key players based on product portfolio, geographical presence, and strategic alliances
Best in class reports with high standard of research integrity
24X7 Research Support
Continuous support to ensure the best customer experience.
Adding more values to your product of interest.
Safe & Secure Access
Providing a secured environment for all online transactions.
Trusted by 600+ Brands
Serving the most reputed brands across the world.