Food Irradiation - Global Market Outlook (2017-2026)
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Food Irradiation market is accounted for $205.99 million in 2017 and is expected to reach $325.82 million by 2026 growing at a CAGR of 5.2% during the forecast period. Increasing concerns over the food borne diseases, rising demand for raw food products such as lettuce or spinach, growing demand for meat and poultry farm products are some of the key factors driving the market growth. Moreover, the emerging trend of including new and exotic fruits and vegetables in diet is fuelling the market growth. However, huge cost of irradiated food products and lack of irradiation facilities are hampering the market growth.
Food irradiation is the process of exposing food and food packaging to ionizing radiation. Ionizing radiation, such as from gamma rays, x-rays or electron beams. The radiation can be emitted by a radioactive substance or generated electrically. This process is used to improve food safety by extending product shelf-life (preservation), decreasing the risk of food borne illness, eliminating sprouting or ripening by sterilization of foods and as a means of controlling insects and invasive pests.
Depending on technology, food pasteurization segment is expected to have significant growth during the forecast period due to rising demand for food irradiation products across the globe. Pasteurization of solid foods such as meat, poultry and sea foods by irradiation is a practical method for elimination of pathogenic organisms and micro- organisms except for viruses. By geography, Asia Pacific holds the largest market share during the forecast period.
Some of the key players profiled in the Food Irradiation Market include Tecleor LLC, Sterigenics International LLC, STERIS, SADEX Corporation, Nordion (Canada) Inc., GRAY STAR, Inc., Food Technology Service, Inc, ScanTech Sciences, Inc., IONISOS SA, MDS Nordion, PHYTOSAN S.A. de C and REVISS Services.
Source of Radiations Covered:
• Electron beam radiation
• Gamma Radiation
• X-Ray Radiation
Food Types Covered:
• Fruits and Vegetables
• Meat and Poultry
• Grain Foods
• Ultra-High Pressure Technology
• Steam Pasteurization
• Ozone Treatment
• Food Coating Technology
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country level segments
- Market share analysis of the top industry players
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 9 years of all the mentioned segments, sub segments and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements
Best in class reports with high standard of research integrity
24X7 Research Support
Continuous support to ensure the best customer experience.
Adding more values to your product of interest.
Safe & Secure Access
Providing a secured environment for all online transactions.
Trusted by 600+ Brands
Serving the most reputed brands across the world.