Gas Insulated Switchgear - Global Market Outlook (2017-2026)
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Gas Insulated Switchgear Market is accounted for $17.21 billion in 2017 and is expected to reach $42.51 billion by 2026 growing at a CAGR of 10.6% during the forecast period. Some of the important factors driving the market growth are rising investments in the transmission & distribution infrastructure, government initiatives towards enhancing electricity access and rising share of renewable power generation. However, huge Cost of Equipment and strict environmental & safety regulations are some of the factors hindering the market growth. One of the major opportunities is extension or replacement of old switchgear at substations in developed regions.
The Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS) is metal enclosed switchgears that are further environment-friendly, more reliable and more adoptable than traditional air-insulated switchgears (AIS). Furthermore, GIS needs a visual inspection, at a regular basis, for every four years as opposed to AIS that requires a visual inspection for every two years. GIS requires less space and can be installed indoors.
By Technology, Medium Voltage Gas Insulated Switchgear segment is anticipated to rise during the forecast period. It is mostly driven due to the quick development in the power distribution sector through the implementation of smart grid and smart metering technology. This equipment is frequently used by the core sector, infrastructure, distribution system industries, power generation and transportation.
By Geography, Asia Pacific is predicted to be the largest market share during the forecast period. Countries such as China, Japan, and India are investing in their grid development projects to rise in distribution grid reliability. China has the highest installed power generation and delivery capacity. This region witnessed exponential growth in the demand for electricity in the past couple of decades, by industrialization and infrastructural developments. Almost all the countries are augmenting their generation capacities. India, China, and Indonesia are investing massively in their hydroelectric power projects.
Some of the key players in the market include Larsen & Toubro, General Electric Company, Siemens Ag, Schneider Electric Se, Crompton Greaves, Hitachi Ltd., Bharat Heavy Electric Ltd, Toshiba Corporation, Hyundai Heavy Industries Co. Ltd., ABB Ltd., Power & Industrial Systems PG, Chint Group, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Fuji Electric Co. Ltd., Meidensha, Nissin Electric, Eaton Corporation Plc, Winpak Ltd. and Powell Industries, Inc.
• High Voltage Gas Insulated Switchgear
• Medium Voltage Gas Insulated Switchgear
• Distribution Voltage
• Extra High Voltage Transmission
• Ultra-High Voltage Transmission
• High Voltage Transmission
• Sub-Transmission Voltage
• Solid Bus Duct Connection & Cable Connection
• Indoor Gas Insulated Switchgear
• Outdoor Gas Insulated Switchgear
• <38 kV
• 38kV ≤ 72kV
• ≥ 72kV ≤ 150kV
• >150 kV
• Hybrid Switchgear
• Integrated Three Phase
• Compact Gas Insulated Switchgear
End Users Covered:
• Power Distribution Utilities
• Infrastructure & Transportation
• Power Generation Utilities
• Power Transmission Utilities
• Industries & Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEMs)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country level segments
- Market share analysis of the top industry players
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 9 years of all the mentioned segments, sub segments and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements
Best in class reports with high standard of research integrity
24X7 Research Support
Continuous support to ensure the best customer experience.
Adding more values to your product of interest.
Safe & Secure Access
Providing a secured environment for all online transactions.
Trusted by 600+ Brands
Serving the most reputed brands across the world.