Industrial Alcohol - Global Market Outlook (2017-2026)
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Industrial Alcohol Market is accounted for $126.91 billion in 2017 and expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.4% to reach $286.95 billion by 2026. Factors such as production of biofuels, demand of organic solvents, low-cost production of corn and sugarcane, alcohol leaves a smaller carbon footprint and research & development in the industrial alcohol sector will boost the market growth. However, volatility in raw material prices will hamper the market growth.
Based on Type, Methanol (Methyl Alcohol) is driven in large part of emerging energy applications. It is used as a chemical feedstock or as a transportation fuel. China emerged as the leading nation with respect to both methanol capacity and rapid economic growth. DME is primarily used as an aerosol propellant. A newer and rapid demand for methanol is in the production of light olefins (methanol-to-olefins, MTO). Methanol has significant volume of derivatives that compete as alternatives to crude oil derived products. The methanol market is very transparent.
By Source, Corn is the largest grain crop in the world. Ethanol fuel becomes the most common bio-fuel worldwide which is derived mainly from, corn. Lower corn prices, heavy ethanol exports, and more blending requirements makes corn consumption in ethanol production.
North America is projected to dominate the market in terms of revenue, due to the ethanol blending requirement, and the biofuels volume requirement. Also, U.S. is a major exporter of ethanol. However, Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth, during the forecast period due to presence of large number of automobile manufacturers. China has started to import a significant amount of ethanol. Ethylene production in Southeast Asia has improved. Taiwan, Japan and Indonesia are the major markets for industrial alcohol.
Some of the key players in Global Industrial Alcohol market are Cargill Inc, Raízen Energia, Green Plains Inc., Cristalco, MGP Ingredients, The Andersons Inc., Grain Processing Corporation, Greenfield Specialty Alcohols, Flint Hills Resources, Sigma Aldrich, BASF SE and Eastman Chemical Company.
• Fossil Fuels
• Sugar & Molasses
• Other Sources
• Undenatured Alcohol
• Denatured Alcohol
Processing Methods Covered:
• Synthetic Method
• Fermentation Method
• Benzyl Alcohol
• Ethyl Alcohol
• Isobutyl Alcohol
• Isopropyl Alcohol
• Methyl Alcohol
• Other Types
• Antimicrobial Activity
• Flammability & Volatility
• Fragrant/Flavoring Agents
• Chemical Intermediates & Solvent
• Personal Care Products
• Food Ingredients
• Other Applications
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country level segments
- Market share analysis of the top industry players
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 9 years of all the mentioned segments, sub segments and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements
Best in class reports with high standard of research integrity
24X7 Research Support
Continuous support to ensure the best customer experience.
Adding more values to your product of interest.
Safe & Secure Access
Providing a secured environment for all online transactions.
Trusted by 600+ Brands
Serving the most reputed brands across the world.