Lactic Acid - Global Market Outlook (2016-2022)
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Lactic Acid market is estimated to be $1.83 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach $6.25 billion by 2022 growing at a CAGR of 19.1% from 2015 to 2022. Increasing petroleum prices, initiatives for bioplastics, growing environmental awareness and demand for green packaging products are some of the factors anticipated to boost the market growth. Reinforcement of poly lactic acid with other materials creates enormous opportunities in future.
North America is the largest market owing to high concentration of allied industries in this region. Asia Pacific region is poised to grow at the highest CAGR driven by the increasing number of allied industries such as dairy and agriculture, pharmaceuticals, and food & beverages. The growth in Europe is driven by the stringent environmental regulations imposed on the usage of synthetic plastic materials for packaging. Biodegradable polymers formed the largest application for lactic acid owing to the increasing demand of sustainable and biodegradable packaging materials from food and beverages industry. Industrial applications accounted for are expected to dominate the market over the forecast period. This is due to their usage in the advancements of biodegradable polymers and lactate solvents. Personal care is expected to be the fastest growing segment, led by the lactic acid usage in products for skin lightening, anti-wrinkle and anti-aging.
The key players in the Lactic Acid market include The Dow Chemical Company, Galactic S.A, BASF SE, Danimer Scientific LLC, Natureworks LLC, Corbion Purac, Wei Mon Industry Co. Ltd, Teijin Ltd, Henan Jindan Lactic Acid Technology Co. Ltd, and Synbra Technology B.V.
• Food and Beverages
• Personal Care
• Biodegradable Plastics
• Other Applications
o Industrial Applications
o Medical Applications
• North America
o Rest of Europe
• Asia Pacific
o New Zealand
o Rest of Asia Pacific
• Rest of the World
o Middle East
o South Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country level segments
- Market share analysis of the top industry players
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 7 years of all the mentioned segments, sub segments and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements
Best in class reports with high standard of research integrity
24X7 Research Support
Continuous support to ensure the best customer experience.
Adding more values to your product of interest.
Safe & Secure Access
Providing a secured environment for all online transactions.
Trusted by 600+ Brands
Serving the most reputed brands across the world.