Lubricant Additives - Global Market Outlook (2017-2026)
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Lubricant Additives market is accounted for $13.89 billion in 2017 and is expected to reach $20.54 billion by 2026 growing at a CAGR of 4.4%. Some of the key factors responsible for the market growth include increasing marine and aviation transportation, growing automotive industry across the globe, stringent emission norms, extensive R&D to develop better and environment friendly products. However, factors such as fluctuations in the lubricant market, automobile manufacturers focusing on engine downsizing and drive towards alternative fuels are hindering the market growth.
Lubricant additives improve the lubricants characteristics. They are usually liquid formulations that are added to a variety of petroleum products in order to improve their qualities which was lost or wasn’t able to meet during various actions. These additives are added in very minute concentrations. Additives do a variety of functions within engine lubricants. It is used to raise the lubricant properties such as anti-foams, anti-oxidation and more to avoid lubricants from getting ruined due to microbial growth and water. Most of the lubricant additives are added to the lubricant in order to improve the lubricant performance of base oil.
Amongst application, passenger car motor oil dominated the global market and is expected to maintain its dominance over the forecast period. EURO norms, regulating the amount of nitrogen oxide, carbon monoxide, soot and hydrocarbons together with changing consumer preferences towards using operationally efficient and low viscosity fuel is driving the need for passenger car motor oil. Based on geography, Asia Pacific held largest market share being the global manufacturing hub of the world. Developing economies such as China and India, rising actions in the construction, industrial and automotive sector provide a further push to the market. Lower cost of production has provided a great opportunity for the global players to place them in the Asia-Pacific region.
Some of the key players in the global market BASF SE, Evonik Industries Ag, Chevron Oronite Company Llc, Afton Chemical Corporation, Shamrock Shipping & Trading Limited, Croda International Plc, The Lubrizol Corporation, Tianhe Chemicals Group, Infineum International Ltd., Chemtura Corporation, Jinzhou Kangtai Lubricant Additives Co. Ltd., DOG Chemie, Wuxi South Petroleum Additive Co., Shepherd Chemical Company, The Elco Corporation, Eni S.p.A.,
BRB International BV, Dorf Ketal and Dover Chemical.
• Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO)
• Compressor Oil
• General Industrial Oil
• Heavy-Duty Motor Oil (HDMO)
• Process Oil
• Industrial Lubricant Additives
• Hydraulic Fluids
• Turbine Oils
• Gear Oils
• Other Applications
• Friction Modifiers
• Viscosity Index Improvers
• Anti-Wear Additives
• Rust and Corrosion Inhibitors
• Pour Point Depressant (Ppd)
• Extreme Pressure (EP) Additives
• Other Types
End Users Covered:
• Aerospace & Marine
• Metallurgy & Metal Working
• Other End User Industries
Type of Oils Covered:
• Aviation Lubricant
• Other Type of Oils
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country level segments
- Market share analysis of the top industry players
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 9 years of all the mentioned segments, sub segments and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements
Best in class reports with high standard of research integrity
24X7 Research Support
Continuous support to ensure the best customer experience.
Adding more values to your product of interest.
Safe & Secure Access
Providing a secured environment for all online transactions.
Trusted by 600+ Brands
Serving the most reputed brands across the world.