Multi-Touch Technology - Global Market Outlook (2015-2022)
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Multi-Touch Technology market is valued at $4.64 billion in 2015 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 16.2% to reach $13.29 billion by 2022. The factors that are favoring the market growth include growing mobile phone market, increasing multi-touch applications and increasing corporate buyers. However, factors such as shortage of indium-tin-oxide and average cost are hindering the growth of multi-touch technology market. Multi touch devices with gesture recognition technology and emerging applications in advertising and retail are the future opportunities involved.
Multi-touch allows two or more fingers to be used on the touchscreen at a time. Apple is considered the pioneer of multi-touch technology on mobile phones with their first iPhone. The maximum share of the multi-touch technology market is contributed by consumer electronic products. In 2014, North America accounted for about 40% of global sales and is likely to grow at a CAGR of 10.8% during the forecast period. Asia Pacific is expected to witness high growth rate strongly driven by the emerging markets such as China and India.
Some of the key players in the global market include Apple Inc., Fujitsu Limited, Panasonic Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, Google Inc., Hewlett-Packard Co., Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Planar Systems Inc., 3M Co., Wintek Corporation, Immersion Corporation, Alps Electric, Cypress Semiconductor Corporation, 3M8 LLC and TPK Holding.
• Consumer electronic products
o Mobile phones
o PMP/MP3 players
o Other consumer electronic products
• Enterprise products
o Multi-touch mouse
o All-in-one pc
o Other IT electronic products
• Miscellaneous electronic products
o Large interactive screens
o Atm’s/hospitality counters/other public-space machines
• Opaque multi-touch technology
• Transparent multi-touch technology
o Vision-based technology
o Resistive technology
o Infrared technology
o Capacitive technology
o Acoustic technology
o Embedded (In-Cell) technology
o Camera-based (Optical) technology
o Other technologies
• Consumer applications
o Entertainment applications
o Infotainment applications
• Enterprise applications
o Government and corporate
o Public space application
• Miscellaneous applications
• North America
o Rest of Europe
• Asia Pacific
o New Zealand
o Rest of Asia Pacific
• Rest of the World
o Middle East
o South Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country level segments
- Market share analysis of the top industry players
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 7 years of all the mentioned segments, sub segments and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements
Best in class reports with high standard of research integrity
24X7 Research Support
Continuous support to ensure the best customer experience.
Adding more values to your product of interest.
Safe & Secure Access
Providing a secured environment for all online transactions.
Trusted by 600+ Brands
Serving the most reputed brands across the world.