Piezoelectric Smart Materials - Global Market Outlook (2017-2026)
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Piezoelectric Smart Materials Market is growing at a CAGR of 15% from 2017 to 2026. Increase in demand from military and aerospace sector, nanotechnology in smart materials and growing demand from construction are some key factors fostering the market growth. However, high cost of smart materials is restraining the market.
Piezoelectric materials generate an electric charge across its surface when it undergoes mechanical stress, due to the asymmetry of its crystalline structure. The effect is reversible, so an electrical charge will cause the material to change shape. This piezoelectric effect only occurs in non-conductive materials, such as quarts (SiO2). Other materials are ceramics; however the most well-known piezoelectric material is Quartz. Piezoelectric materials are used as electromechanical transducers - actuators and sensors. As a sensor, it can be used as an acoustic pick-up on a guitar. The technology is small, and so the pick-up itself is portable and more convenient to the end-user than an amplifier.
Amongst Type, ceramics segment accounted steady growth of the global market. Ceramics are chemically hard and are resistant to humidity and other atmospheric influences. Such advantages will contribute to the growth of this market segment in the coming years. North America dominated the market due to the rising demand for MEMS in the automobile industry for the deployment in the airbags and anti-lock braking systems.
Some of the key players in Piezoelectric Smart Materials market include Wright Medical Group, TDK Corporation, Solvay, QorTek, NOLIAC, LORD Corporation, KYOCERA Corporation, CTS Corporation, Channel Technologies, CeramTec, Arkema, APC International, Advanced Cerametrics and AAC Technologies.
End Users Covered:
• Agriculture and Food
• Construction and Infrastructure
• Leisure and Sports
• Other End Users
• Piezoelectric Polymer
• Piezoelectric Composites
• Piezoelectric Ceramic
• Other Classifications
• National Defense
• Construction Industry
• Building Materials
• Automobile Industry
• Other Applications
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country level segments
- Market share analysis of the top industry players
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 9 years of all the mentioned segments, sub segments and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements
Best in class reports with high standard of research integrity
24X7 Research Support
Continuous support to ensure the best customer experience.
Adding more values to your product of interest.
Safe & Secure Access
Providing a secured environment for all online transactions.
Trusted by 600+ Brands
Serving the most reputed brands across the world.