Vehicle Control Unit - Global Market Outlook (2018-2027)
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Vehicle Control Unit market accounted for $2.43 billion in 2018 and is expected to reach $11.74 billion by 2027 growing at a CAGR of 19.1% during the forecast period. Some of the key factors such as increasing adoption rate of electric vehicles and technological advancements in-vehicle electronics, battery management systems etc., are driving the market growth. However, the higher cost of creating all the needed hardware boards act as the restraining factors for market growth. Moreover, programmable and flexible VCU’s will provide ample opportunities for market growth.
The Vehicle Control Unit (VCU) is a device that reads the signals of the sensor, for instance, charger connection and it then acts to balance the system energy, brakes, control the motor and the charging system up to charger lock. It also ensures a fail-operational function for highly automated driving (HAD) solutions. Its function is to coordinate powertrain controllers or partially host their functionality. This includes for example inverter control, battery management, charging control as well as vehicle functions that are today located in transmission- and engine control.
By component type, the software segment is going to have a lucrative growth during the forecast period. The software can be reprogrammed over the air (OTA) utilizing SOTA and FOTA protocols. Due to this, VCU is very flexible, adaptable and can fit into any vehicle system with the assistance of required programming. By geography, Europe is going to have a lucrative growth during the forecast period as it is a key region for developments, significant R&D, and technological advancements in electric vehicles, advanced automotive systems, and charging solutions. The rising demand for advanced automotive features in electric vehicles and electrification of automotive components are driving the market growth in the region.
Some of the key players in Vehicle Control Unit market include Robert Bosch GmbH, Autonomous Solutions Inc., Stmicroelectronics, PI Innovo, IET SPA, Aim Technologies, Embitel, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Continental AG, Rimac Automobili, Texas Instruments, and Pues Corporation.
Vehicle Types Covered:
• Passenger Car
• Commercial Vehicle
Capacity Types Covered:
• Autonomous Driving/Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems (ADAS)
• Predictive Technology
Component Types Covered:
Voltage Types Covered:
Electric Two-Wheeler Types Covered:
Communication Technology Types Covered:
• Controller Area Network (CAN)
• Local Interconnect Network (LIN)
Propulsion Types Covered:
• Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV)
• Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV)
• Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV)
• North America
o Rest of Europe
• Asia Pacific
o New Zealand
o South Korea
o Rest of Asia Pacific
• South America
o Rest of South America
• Middle East & Africa
o Saudi Arabia
o South Africa
o Rest of Middle East & Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country-level segments
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Covers Market data for the years 2017, 2018, 2019, 2023 and 2027
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic analysis: Drivers and Constraints, Product/Technology Analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, SWOT analysis etc.
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements
Free Customization Offerings:
All the customers of this report will be entitled to receive one of the following free customization options:
• Company Profiling
o Comprehensive profiling of additional market players (up to 3)
o SWOT Analysis of key players (up to 3)
• Regional Segmentation
o Market estimations, Forecasts and CAGR of any prominent country as per the client's interest (Note: Depends on feasibility check)
• Competitive Benchmarking
o Benchmarking of key players based on product portfolio, geographical presence, and strategic alliances.
Best in class reports with high standard of research integrity
24X7 Research Support
Continuous support to ensure the best customer experience.
Adding more values to your product of interest.
Safe & Secure Access
Providing a secured environment for all online transactions.
Trusted by 600+ Brands
Serving the most reputed brands across the world.