Weed Control - Global Market Outlook (2017-2026)
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Weed Control market is accounted for $28.08 billion in 2017 and is expected to reach $44.90 billion by 2026 growing at a CAGR of 5.35% during the forecast period. Some of the prominent factors driving the market are increase in the usage of herbicides and looping among small scale farmers. In addition, extension of manufacturing plants in low cost emerging nations is considered as the opportunity for the growth of the market. However, lack of skilled technicians and delayed regulatory approval process for chemical products in different applications are restraining the growth of the market.
Numerous plant species are considered weeds in agronomic cropping systems. Weeds have many attributes undesirable to crop producers, not the least being the ability to reduce crop yields through competition for resources such as sunlight, water, nutrients, and space. Successful weed management requires identifying relevant species and understanding their biological characteristics so that management can be tailored to the weeds present in individual fields.
Based on approach, chemical herbicides is estimated to be the fastest growing segment as these herbicides kill certain targets while leaving the desired crop relatively unharmed. By end user, cereals & grains held the largest market share in the weed control market whereas non-crops are considered as to grow fast rate for the market growth.
By geography, North America dominated the market due to increase in new developments in mechanical and biological control of weeds and the high demand rate of advancement in the art and science of weed control.
Some of the key players in weed control market include BASF SE, Adama Agricultural Solutions Ltd., Bayer crop science AG, Dow chemical company, Drexel Chemical Company, Dupont Company, FMC Corporation, Monsanto Company, Nissan Chemical Industries LTD, Nufarm Limited, Rotam Crop Sciences Ltd., Syngenta AG and Valent Biosciences Corporation.
• Basal bark spraying
• Cut and swab
• Cut stump
• Foliar spraying
• Stem injection
• Stem scraper
• Wick applications
• Cultural or cropping weed control
• Preventative weed control
• Manual control
• Chemical Herbicides
End Users Covered:
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country level segments
- Market share analysis of the top industry players
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 9 years of all the mentioned segments, sub segments and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements
Best in class reports with high standard of research integrity
24X7 Research Support
Continuous support to ensure the best customer experience.
Adding more values to your product of interest.
Safe & Secure Access
Providing a secured environment for all online transactions.
Trusted by 600+ Brands
Serving the most reputed brands across the world.