Automatic Transmission - Global Market Outlook (2017-2026)
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Automatic Transmission market is accounted for $156.09 billion in 2017 and is expected to reach $282.17 billion by 2026 growing at a CAGR of 6.8%. The rising demand as consumer preferences change and increasing demand for lightweight transmission systems are some key factors influencing the market growth. However, fluctuations in raw material prices and the high cost of transmission systems are inhibiting the market. In addition, low maintenance cost is providing ample of opportunities growing adoption of an automatic manual transmission (AMT) across compact cars are providing ample opportunities.
Automotive transmission ensures smooth shifting of gears in a vehicle for transferring torque generated by the engine to drive the vehicle. Mainly there is two main type of transmission manual transmission and automatic transmission. An automatic transmission is a system in a vehicle that changes gears at different speeds without a control driver. It provides enhanced driving experience and better fuel efficiency than a manual transmission. The manual transmission is a system in a vehicle that requires manual interference to shift the gear depending upon the situation.
Amongst vehicle, passenger vehicle segment accounted for the largest market share in the global due to the transmission system has been evolving from simple four-speed automatic transmission to more sophisticated eight to nine-speed automatic transmissions to offer comfort and fuel efficiency to the consumer. By geography, Asia Pacific has become the largest regional industry for alternative fuel passenger cars due to rapid industrialization and growth of the automobile industry, with Japan and China being the leaders in this region. The automotive production is concentrated among countries like Japan, China, South Korea, and India.
Some of the key players in Automatic Transmission market include are Continental AG, Magna International, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, Aisin Seiki Co. Ltd, Eaton Corporation PLC, Allison Transmission Inc, Jatco (Nissan Motor Corp., Borgwarner Inc, Schaeffler AG, GKN PLC, Hyundai Dymos, Magneti Marelli S.p.A, Volkswagen India Pvt Ltd, Nissan Motor India Pvt Ltd, and Skoda Auto India Pvt Ltd.
• Automatic Transmission
• Automatic manual transmission (AMT)
• Dual-Clutch Transmission (DCT)
• Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)
• Manual Transmission
• Commercial Vehicle
• Electric Vehicle
• Passenger Vehicle
• Farm Tractors
Sales channels Covered:
• Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)
Fuel Types Covered:
• Gasoline (Petrol)
Number of Forward Gears Covered:
• Less Than 5
• 5 – 6
• 7 – 8
• 9 – 10
• Above 10
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country level segments
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 9 years of all the mentioned segments, sub segments and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic analysis: Drivers and Constraints, Product/Technology Analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, SWOT analysis etc.
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements
Free Customization Offerings:
All the customers of this report will be entitled to receive one of the following free customization options:
• Company Profiling
o Comprehensive profiling of additional market players (up to 3)
o SWOT Analysis of key players (up to 3)
• Regional Segmentation
o Market estimations, Forecasts and CAGR of any prominent country as per the clients interest (Note: Depends of feasibility check)
• Competitive Benchmarking
o Benchmarking of key players based on product portfolio, geographical presence, and strategic alliances
Select License Type
Best in class reports with high standard of research integrity
24X7 Research Support
Continuous support to ensure the best customer experience.
Adding more values to your product of interest.
Safe & Secure Access
Providing a secured environment for all online transactions.
Trusted by 600+ Brands
Serving the most reputed brands across the world.