Biodegradable Mulch Film Market Forecasts to 2028 – Global Analysis By Biodegradable Plastic (AAC, TPS), Crop Type (Fruits & Vegetables, Grains & Oilseeds), Application (Agricultural Farms, Horticulture) and By Geography
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Biodegradable Mulch Film Market is accounted for $245.22 million in 2020 and is expected to reach $557.02 million by 2028 growing at a CAGR of 10.8% during the forecast period. Increase in the environmental concerns, adverse effect of inorganic mulching and stringent government regulations are driving the market growth. However, high installation cost is hampering the growth of the market.
Biodegradable mulch film refers to an organic layer composed of natural materials that biodegrade in the soil without leaving any harmful residues. These films increasing crop yields by preventing weed production and help to accelerate plant growth, water retention, curbing soil contamination and maintaining soil nutrition.
Based on the composition, the starch segment is going to have lucrative growth during the forecast period due to high extent of biodegradability and the cost of starch is less. Moreover, it has high amylose content, which helps in forming flexible and strong biodegradable mulch films.
By geography, Asia Pacific is going to have high growth during the forecast period owing to increasing popularity for crop production among economies such as India, China, South Korea, and others. Moreover, the rising population increases the demand of food in the region, which in turn drives the biodegradable mulch film market.
Some of the key players profiled in the Biodegradable Mulch Film Market include BASF SE, AEP Industries Inc, Al-Pack Enterprises Ltd., Armando Alvarez Group, BioBag International AS, British Polythene Industries PLC, Kingfa Science & Tech Co. Ltd., Novamont S.p.A., Organix Solutions, RKW SE, Robert Marvel Plastic Mulch LLC and The Dow Chemical Company.
Biodegradable Plastics Covered:
• Controlled Degradation Masterbatches
• Aliphatic-Aromatic Copolyesters (AAC)
• Thermoplastic Starch (TPS)
• Other Biodegradable Plastics
• Starch Blended With Polylactic Acid (PLA)
• Starch Blended With Polyhydroxyalkanoate (PHA)
• Starch Blended with Polyhydroxyhexanoate (PHH)
• Starch Blended with Polylactic Acid Aliphatic Copolymer (CPLA)
Crop Types Covered:
• Fruits & Vegetables
• Grains & Oilseeds
• Flowers & Plants
• Agricultural Farms
Distribution Channels Covered:
• Business-to-Business (B2B)
• Business-to-Consumer (B2C)
• North America
o Rest of Europe
• Asia Pacific
o New Zealand
o South Korea
o Rest of Asia Pacific
• South America
o Rest of South America
• Middle East & Africa
o Saudi Arabia
o South Africa
o Rest of Middle East & Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country-level segments
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Covers Market data for the years 2019, 2020, 2021, 2025 and 2028
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements
Free Customization Offerings:
All the customers of this report will be entitled to receive one of the following free customization options:
• Company Profiling
o Comprehensive profiling of additional market players (up to 3)
o SWOT Analysis of key players (up to 3)
• Regional Segmentation
o Market estimations, Forecasts and CAGR of any prominent country as per the client's interest (Note: Depends on feasibility check)
• Competitive Benchmarking
o Benchmarking of key players based on product portfolio, geographical presence, and strategic alliances
Select License Type
Best in class reports with high standard of research integrity
24X7 Research Support
Continuous support to ensure the best customer experience.
Adding more values to your product of interest.
Safe & Secure Access
Providing a secured environment for all online transactions.
Trusted by 600+ Brands
Serving the most reputed brands across the world.