Electronically Scanned Arrays - Global Market Outlook (2017-2026)
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Electronically Scanned Arrays is accounted for $6.68 billion in 2017 and is expected to reach $12.39 billion by 2026 growing at a CAGR of 7.1% during the forecast period. The growing preference for technologically advanced radar for providing all weather battlefield surveillance against incoming threat, integration of ESA into radar systems and replacement of traditional ESA systems are the key driving factors for the market growth. However, the long replacement cycle of the radar system and high development cost of ESA are some of the factors hindering the market growth.
Electronically scanned array commonly means a phased array, i.e. an array of antennas that produce radio wave beams and rays. Electronically, the emitted waves are steered in the desired direction to a specific point without physically moving the antennas. Electronically scanned arrays must be installed properly and arranged precisely to get appropriate results during real time operations. In an array antenna, the transmitter transmits a radio frequency current, which is then fed to each antenna with the correct phase relationship so as to add radio waves to increase radiations in the exact location and direction, and cancel radiations in undesired directions. In the phased array system, current from the transmitter is transmitted to the antennas through electronic devices called phase shifters, which in turn are controlled by a computer system. This computer system can effectively alter the phase electronically and hence, steer the radio wave beams to the desired location.
Based on type, the active electronically scanned arrays (AESA) is predicted to experience the highest growth in terms of revenue during the forecast period. AESAs are fitted with receivers and transmitters, which yet again consist of several small modules of transmitter/receivers. By geography, Asia Pacific region is anticipated to experience the highest growth in the coming eight years. The growing threats of terror activities in the region and is anticipated to drive the need for up gradation of surveillance capabilities. This in turn is predicted to accelerate the demand of electronically scanned arrays in Asia Pacific region.
Some of the key players profiled in the Electronically Scanned Arrays include Almaz–Antey, Defence Research And Development Organization , Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd, Leonardo-Finmeccanica, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Northrop Grumman Corporation, RADA Electronic Industries Ltd, Raytheon Company, Reutech Radar Systems, SAAB AB, Thales Group and Toshiba.
Array Geometries Covered:
• Frequency Scanning Arrays
• Linear Arrays
• Planar Arrays
• Passive Electronically Scanned Array (PESA)
• Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA)
• Beam forming Network (BFN)
• Cooling System
• Phase Shifters (Analog/Digital)
• Power Supply Module
• Radar Data Processor (RDP)
• Signal Processing (Analog/Digital)
• Transmit Receive Module (TRM)
• Long Range
• Medium Range
• Short Range
• North America
o Rest of Europe
• Asia Pacific
o New Zealand
o South Korea
o Rest of Asia Pacific
• South America
o Rest of South America
• Middle East & Africa
o Saudi Arabia
o South Africa
o Rest of Middle East & Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country level segments
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 9 years of all the mentioned segments, sub segments and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic analysis: Drivers and Constraints, Product/Technology Analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, SWOT analysis etc.
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements
Free Customization Offerings:
All the customers of this report will be entitled to receive one of the following free customization options:
• Company Profiling
o Comprehensive profiling of additional market players (up to 3)
o SWOT Analysis of key players (up to 3)
• Regional Segmentation
o Market estimations, Forecasts and CAGR of any prominent country as per the clients interest (Note: Depends of feasibility check)
• Competitive Benchmarking
Benchmarking of key players based on product portfolio, geographical presence, and strategic alliances
Select License Type
Best in class reports with high standard of research integrity
24X7 Research Support
Continuous support to ensure the best customer experience.
Adding more values to your product of interest.
Safe & Secure Access
Providing a secured environment for all online transactions.
Trusted by 600+ Brands
Serving the most reputed brands across the world.