Molecular Breeding - Global Market Outlook (2018-2027)
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Molecular Breeding Market is accounted for $1.82 billion in 2018 and is expected to reach $8.56 billion by 2027 growing at a CAGR of 18.7% during the forecast period. Factors such as rise in funds for agrigenomics, increasing research & development activities in the developing nations on agricultural activities, advantages associated with the adjuvant solutions are expected to fuel the growth of the market. However, lack of laboratory infrastructure, the dearth of skilled professionals, and huge cost of molecular breeding is restraining the market.
Molecular breeding is the process of genetical improvement of plants and animals. Molecular biology techniques are applied to breeding at molecular level. The makers of genes are changed by mix and match of DNA makers in the molecular breeding technique.
In terms of application, the cereals & grains segment is estimated to have a lucrative growth during the forecast period. With the increasing global concern on food security and rising demand for crops in various industries, there has been an increasing need to bridge the supply-demand gap, owing to which the demand for crops with the desired traits has been rising among the plant breeders. Based on geography, North America is likely to have a huge demand owing to the wide-scale application of molecular breeding techniques on crops such as corn and soybean, coupled with the favourable regulations by the US government toward the application of biotechnology in agriculture.
Some of the key players in Global Molecular Breeding market include Eurofins, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Illumina Inc., SGS, LGC Group, Danbred, Intertek, Lemnatec, Charles River, Slipstream Automation, and Fruitbreedomics.
• Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP)
• Simple Sequence Repeats (SSR)
• Other Markers
• QTL Mapping
• Marker-Assisted Selection (MAS)
• Genomic Selection
• Marker-Assisted Backcrossing (MABC)
• Marker-Assisted Recurrent Selection (MARS)
• Position Gene Cloning
• Genetic Fingerprinting
• Crop Breeding
• North America
o Rest of Europe
• Asia Pacific
o New Zealand
o South Korea
o Rest of Asia Pacific
• South America
o Rest of South America
• Middle East & Africa
o Saudi Arabia
o South Africa
o Rest of Middle East & Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country-level segments
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Covers Market data for the years 2017, 2018, 2019, 2023 and 2027
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic analysis: Drivers and Constraints, Product/Technology Analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, SWOT analysis, etc.
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements
Free Customization Offerings:
All the customers of this report will be entitled to receive one of the following free customization options:
• Company Profiling
o Comprehensive profiling of additional market players (up to 3)
o SWOT Analysis of key players (up to 3)
• Regional Segmentation
o Market estimations, Forecasts and CAGR of any prominent country as per the client's interest (Note: Depends on feasibility check)
• Competitive Benchmarking
Benchmarking of key players based on product portfolio, geographical presence, and strategic alliances.
Best in class reports with high standard of research integrity
24X7 Research Support
Continuous support to ensure the best customer experience.
Adding more values to your product of interest.
Safe & Secure Access
Providing a secured environment for all online transactions.
Trusted by 600+ Brands
Serving the most reputed brands across the world.