Nuclear Decommissioning Services - Global Market Outlook (2017-2026)
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Nuclear Decommissioning ServicesMarket is accounted for $4.96 billion in 2017 and is expected to reach $16.35 billion by 2026 growing at a CAGR of 14.2% during the forecast period. Some of the key factors fueling the market include accidents & rising political pressure for pre-closure, aging nuclear power plants and technological advancements. However, factors such as high cost and Nuclear Waste Disposal are hindering the market growth.
Nuclear decommissioning services are required after a plant reaches its end of operating life. This is carried out by dismantling structures, removing contaminated materials to appropriate disposal facilities, storing used nuclear fuel till it can be removed from the site of the nuclear power plant for disposal or safe storage, and releasing the property for other uses. These processes continue for a long duration, depending on the decommissioning process chosen. These services include decontamination, dismantling, site treatment, and waste disposal processes to make the site reusable.
By Reactor Type, Pressurized Water Reactor (PWR) held considerable market share during predicted period. PWRs are highly chosen by industry operators owing to factors such as high level of stability and ease to operate them. This segment is projected to exhibit the strongest growth rate over the forecast period due to its extensive use and installation.
Based on geography, Europe is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period owing to rise in shutdown down of nuclear reactors and the country’s plan for complete phase-out. Increasing political pressure in the region as a consequence of the Fukushima accident in 2011 has led to market growth.
Some of the key players profiled in the Nuclear Decommissioning Services Market include Westinghouse Electric, Studsvik, Babcock International, Sogin, Onet Technologies, Nuvia Group, Areva, KDC Contractors, AnsaldoNes, GD Energy Services-Nuclear, Aecom, Energysolutions and Enercon Services.
• Up to 800 MW
• 801 MW–1,000 MW
• Above 1,000 MW
Reactor Types Covered:
• Gas Cooled Reactor (GCR)
• Pressurized Heavy Water Reactor (PHWR)
• Boiling Water Reactor (BWR)
• Pressurized Water Reactor (PWR)
• Other Reactor Types
Decommissioning Strategies Covered:
• Deferred Dismantling
• Immediate Dismantling
• Research reactors
• Power reactors
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country level segments
- Market share analysis of the top industry players
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 9 years of all the mentioned segments, sub segments and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements
Best in class reports with high standard of research integrity
24X7 Research Support
Continuous support to ensure the best customer experience.
Adding more values to your product of interest.
Safe & Secure Access
Providing a secured environment for all online transactions.
Trusted by 600+ Brands
Serving the most reputed brands across the world.