Point of Care Diagnostics - Global Market Outlook (2017-2026)
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Point of Care Diagnostics market is accounted for $20.15 billion in 2017 and is expected to reach $57.85 billion by 2026 growing at a CAGR of 12.4%. Rising usage of home-based POC devices, growing number of regulatory approvals for new immunoassay techniques, increasing occurrence of various chronic and infectious diseases and technological advancements are some of the key factors favoring the market growth. However, factors such as pricing pressure and stringent and time-consuming regulatory policies are restricting the market growth.
Point of care diagnosis involves testing of the samples at the point of care to facilitate rapid diagnosis and treatment plan. Only a small amount of sample is required for point of care and the procedure is completed in real-time, which has increased the acceptance rate for these tests. Point of care diagnosis allows for timely detection of diseases and can really impact the medical outcome of the disease treatment. The volume of point-of-care testing (PoC) has steadily increased over the 40 or so years since its widespread introduction. POC is often accomplished through the use of transportable, portable, and handheld instruments and test kits.
Amongst Platform, the molecular diagnostics segment is anticipated to have considerable market growth during the predicted period due to growing initiatives of market players for developing new products and advancements in technology. By geography, North America accounted for the major market share due to the rising geriatric population base together with the existence of higher healthcare expenditure levels. Furthermore, presence of high awareness levels amongst the patients as well as the physicians pertaining to early disease diagnosis is supportive for the largest share of region in the industrial revenue.
Some of the key players in the global market include Abbott Laboratories, Accubiotech, Becton, Dickinson, and Company (BD), Chembio Diagnostics, Danaher Corporation, EKF Diagnostics, Instrumentation Laboratory (A Werfen Company), Johnson & Johnson, Nova Biomedical, PTS Diagnostics (A Part of Sinocare Inc.), Quidel, Roche Diagnostics (A Subsidiary of F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.), Sekisui Diagnostics, Siemens and Trinity Biotech.
Prescription Modes Covered:
• Over the Counter Testing
• Prescription-Based Testing
• Molecular Diagnostics
• Lateral Flow Assays (Immunochromatography Tests)
• Solid Phase
• Agglutination Assays
• Tumor/Cancer Marker Testing
• Cholesterol Testing
• Drugs-of-Abuse Testing
• Hematology Testing
• Urinalysis Testing
• Fecal Occult Testing
• Pregnancy and Fertility Testing
• Infectious Disease Testing
• Cardiometabolic Testing
• Glucose Monitoring
• Coagulation Testing
• Other Point of Care Products
End Users Covered:
• Research Laboratories
• Professional Diagnostic Centers
• Home Care
• Assisted Living Healthcare Facilities
• Other End Users
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country level segments
- Market share analysis of the top industry players
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 9 years of all the mentioned segments, sub segments and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements
Best in class reports with high standard of research integrity
24X7 Research Support
Continuous support to ensure the best customer experience.
Adding more values to your product of interest.
Safe & Secure Access
Providing a secured environment for all online transactions.
Trusted by 600+ Brands
Serving the most reputed brands across the world.