Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) - Global Market Outlook (2017-2026)
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) Markets accounted for $11,780.7 million in 2017 and is expected to reach $17,350.0 million by 2026 growing at a CAGR of 4.4% during the forecast period. High investments into computer and software and amplified deployment of robots across various industries are the key driving factors for the market growth. However, fixed circuit operation and Number of optional modules added to maximize flexibility and performance cost are some of the factors hindering the market growth.
A programmable logic controller (PLC) or programmable controller is an industrial digital computer which has been ruggedized and adapted for the control of manufacturing processes, such as assembly lines, or robotic devices, or any activity that requires high-reliability control and ease of programming and process fault diagnosis. PLCs can range from small modular devices with tens of inputs and outputs (I/O), in a housing integral with the processor, to large rack-mounted modular devices with a count of thousands of I/O, and which are often networked to other PLC and SCADA systems. They can be designed for multiple arrangements of digital and analog I/O, extended temperature ranges, immunity to electrical noise, and resistance to vibration and impact. Programs to control machine operation are typically stored in battery-backed-up or non-volatile memory.
Based on Type, the Nano Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) segment accounted for considerable market share during the forecast period. A nano programmable logic controller (PLC) can be defined as an industrial grade device which is used to perform control functions with superior performance and reliability such as control, monitor, and manage production process, building systems, and power. This type of controllers can remove the traditional hardwiring involved in relay control circuits resulting in improved productivity. These controllers perform functions such as monitoring devices, data gathering, supervisory control, and other process parameters of programs by communicating with other controllers or computer equipment. It is easier to create and change a program in a nano PLC than to rewire the complete circuit. These controllers are designed to be robust, capable of withstanding extreme humidity, temperatures, vibration, and electrical noise.
By geography, Asia Pacific is expected to be the largest region in the Programmable logic controls (PLC) market during the forecast period. The home automation market in the Asia Pacific region is increasing owing to the rising security and convenience concern among the end users. As a result, manufacturers are becoming more focused on expanding their product portfolio to address the growing demand from the emerging market.
Some of the key players profiled in the programmable logic market (PLC) market include ABB Ltd, Allen Bradley, Emerson Electric Co, General Electric Co, Hitachi Industrial Equipment Systems Co Ltd, Honeywell International Inc, Market positioning of vendors, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Omron Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, Robert Bosch GmbH, Rockwell Automation Inc, Schneider Electric SE, Siemens AG and Vendor classification.
• Integrated or Compact Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
• Large Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
• Medium Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
• Modular PLC
• Nano Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
• Programmable Automation Controllers (PACs)
• Small Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
• Input/Output (I/O)
• Power Supply
• Modular Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC )
• Rackmount Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC )
• Unitary Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC )
End Users Covered:
• Aerospace & Defense
• Building automation
• Chemical and Petrochemical
• Discrete industry
• Food and Beverage
• Oil & Gas
• Paper & Pulp
• Process industry
• Water and Wastewater Treatment
• Steel Industry
• Other End-user Industries
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country level segments
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 9 years of all the mentioned segments, sub segments and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic analysis: Drivers and Constraints, Product/Technology Analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, SWOT analysis etc.
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements
Free Customization Offerings:
All the customers of this report will be entitled to receive one of the following free customization options:
• Company Profiling
o Comprehensive profiling of additional market players (up to 3)
o SWOT Analysis of key players (up to 3)
• Regional Segmentation
o Market estimations, Forecasts and CAGR of any prominent country as per the clients interest (Note: Depends of feasibility check)
• Competitive Benchmarking
o Benchmarking of key players based on product portfolio, geographical presence, and strategic alliances
Best in class reports with high standard of research integrity
24X7 Research Support
Continuous support to ensure the best customer experience.
Adding more values to your product of interest.
Safe & Secure Access
Providing a secured environment for all online transactions.
Trusted by 600+ Brands
Serving the most reputed brands across the world.