Thermoplastic Composites - Global Market Outlook (2017-2026)
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Thermoplastic Composites Market is accounted for $26.16 billion in 2017 and expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.2% to reach $67.87 billion by 2026. Factors like increasing demand in transportation and aerospace & defense applications, flexibility, corrosion resistance and durability offered by these products and increasing requirements for lightweight materials are driving the market growth. However, high raw material cost and limited reprocessing of thermoplastic composites are the challenges faced by the market.
Based on Application, PPS resins are widely used for A&D. Boeing and Gulfstream Aerospace are creating a demand for thermoplastic composite parts. Increasing demand for advanced composites in the structural applications of aircraft resulted in production rates of composites. Thermoplastic composite materials facilitate more rapid cycle times by eliminating the need for a cure dwell at temperature. Furthermore, induction heating can heat materials very quickly and efficiently especially when coupled with low thermal mass tool designs. Syntactic materials are used to fill honeycomb core or hollow spaces. They provide strength for fasteners and prevent moisture/fluid ingress. Core splices or foams represent syntactic materials that contain a blowing agent.
Based on Fiber, Carbon fiber reinforced composites (CRFP) are replacing steel and aluminum in a growing range of products. Carbon fiber is significantly more expensive than glass fiber and therefore is still primarily used in high performance applications where weight-saving requirements are critical. Carbon fiber demand by the automotive industry will rise sharply in coming years. The increasing need for energy independence and geopolitical energy security and increasing wind power capacity across the globe is creating a huge demand for composite materials. Large-tow carbon fiber capacity is 37% of total capacity worldwide.
Some of the key players in Global Thermoplastic Composites market are BASF SE, AVANCO Group (Xperion Performance Polymer Composites), DSM N.V., DuPont, GKN Aerospace (Fokker Aerostructures), Kingfa Science and Technology, Koninklijke Ten Cate Bv, Lanxess, Premium AEROTEC GmbH, RTP Company, SABIC, SGL Carbon SE, Solvay S.A, Teijin Limited and Toray.
• Polyamide (PA)
• Polybutylene terephthalate (PBT)
• Polyetheretherketone (PEEK)
• Polypropylene (PP)
• Continuous Fiber Thermoplastic (CFT)
• Glass Mat Thermoplastic (GMT)
• Long Fiber Thermoplastic (LFT)
• Short Fiber Thermoplastic (SFT)
• Carbon Fiber
• Glass Fiber
• Electrical & Electronics
• Wind Energy
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country level segments
- Market share analysis of the top industry players
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 9 years of all the mentioned segments, sub segments and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements
Best in class reports with high standard of research integrity
24X7 Research Support
Continuous support to ensure the best customer experience.
Adding more values to your product of interest.
Safe & Secure Access
Providing a secured environment for all online transactions.
Trusted by 600+ Brands
Serving the most reputed brands across the world.