IGBT & Thyristor Market Forecasts to 2028 – Global Analysis By Power Rating (Low, High), Packaging Type (IGBT Module, IGBT Discrete), Voltage (<400 V, 600–650 V), Application (Thyristor, Snubber circuits) and By Geography
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global IGBT & Thyristor Market is accounted for $5.30 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach $8.84 billion by 2028 growing at a CAGR of 6.6% during the forecast period. Demand for the replacement of aging power infrastructure, increasing adoption of electric motors and increasing adoption of renewable energy sources are driving the market growth. However, high infrastructure development cost and lack of technology awareness are hampering the growth of the market.
The insulated gate bipolar transistor (IGBT) & thyristor provide the advantage over metal-oxide-semiconductor field effect transistor (MOSFET) for minimum switching time and switching losses. They also use conduction losses along with high breakdown voltage in bipolar junction transistor (BJT) to achieve high electricity demands.
Based on the power rating, the medium segment is going to have lucrative growth during the forecast period due to the increasing government initiatives and environmental concerns to reduce carbon emissions have surged the demand for EVs/HEVs, thereby leading to the growing demand for medium-power IGBTs and ability of medium-power IGBTs to associate the increasing requirements for HVDC systems increases market growth.
By geography, North America is going to have high growth during the forecast period due to the growth attributed to the replacement of aging power infrastructure, particularly in developed economies such as US and the deployment of smart grids in the region increases the market growth.
Some of the key players profiled in the IGBT & Thyristor Market include Infineon Technologies AG, Fuji Electric Co., Ltd., Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, ABB Ltd, Toshiba Corporation, Siemens AG, Schneider Electric, Littelfuse, Inc., ON Semiconductor, STMicroelectronics and Hitachi, Ltd.
Power Ratings Covered:
Packaging Types Covered:
• Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT) Module
• Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT) Discrete
• <400 V
• 600–650 V
• 1,200–1,700 V
• 2,500–3,300 V
• >4,500 V
Classes of Thyristors Covered:
• Thyristors with Bidirectional Control
• Thyristors with Turn-On Capabilities
• Thyristors with Turn-Off Capabilities
• Snubber circuits
• Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT)
• North America
o Rest of Europe
• Asia Pacific
o New Zealand
o South Korea
o Rest of Asia Pacific
• South America
o Rest of South America
• Middle East & Africa
o Saudi Arabia
o South Africa
o Rest of Middle East & Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country-level segments
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Covers Market data for the years 2019, 2020, 2021, 2025 and 2028
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements
Free Customization Offerings:
All the customers of this report will be entitled to receive one of the following free customization options:
• Company Profiling
o Comprehensive profiling of additional market players (up to 3)
o SWOT Analysis of key players (up to 3)
• Regional Segmentation
o Market estimations, Forecasts and CAGR of any prominent country as per the client's interest (Note: Depends on feasibility check)
• Competitive Benchmarking
o Benchmarking of key players based on product portfolio, geographical presence, and strategic alliances
Select License Type
Best in class reports with high standard of research integrity
24X7 Research Support
Continuous support to ensure the best customer experience.
Adding more values to your product of interest.
Safe & Secure Access
Providing a secured environment for all online transactions.
Trusted by 600+ Brands
Serving the most reputed brands across the world.