Oil Shale - Global Market Outlook (2017-2026)
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global oil shale accounted for $1,609.32 million in 2017 and is expected to reach $6,992.43 million by 2026 growing at a CAGR of 17.7% during the forecast period. Increasing depletion of crude oil reserves, benefits of oil shale and rising energy demand are some key factors influencing the market growth. However, factors such as high cost equipment & production and environmental issues are hampering the market growth.
Oil shale refers to crude oil trapped in sedimentary rock. It releases hydrocarbons when heated and used as an alternative for petroleum or natural gas. Rock-like at room temperature, oil shale produces vapors and gases when heated, which in turn are condensed and turned into oil. Oil shale can be extracted via surface, underground, or "in-situ" mining, in which kerogen is heated underground and pumped to the surface.
Based on Technology, In-situ segment held significant market share during the forecast period attributed to development in drilling technologies coupled with groundwater pollution. By geography, North America is expected to grow at a faster rate due to presence of abundant oil shale reserves in this country.
Some of the key players in oil shale market include Anadarko, Occidental Petroleum, ExxonMobil, Marathon Oil, EOG Resources, SM Energy, Cabot Oil & Gas, Chevron Corporation, Pioneer Natural Resources, ConocoPhillips, Independent Energy Partners (IEP), Israel Chemicals Ltd, Royal Dutch Shell, Harbin Coal Chemical Company and Oil India Limited (OIL).
• Oil Shale Retortion
• Shale Oil Exploration
• Shale Oil Refining
• Ore Preparation
• Specialty Services
• Shale Gasoline
• Heavy Oil
• Shale Diesel
• Other Products
• Ex-Situ Technology
• In-Situ Technology
• Other Applications
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country level segments
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 9 years of all the mentioned segments, sub segments and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic analysis: Drivers and Constraints, Product/Technology Analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, SWOT analysis etc.
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements
Free Customization Offerings:
All the customers of this report will be entitled to receive one of the following free customization options:
• Company Profiling
o Comprehensive profiling of additional market players (up to 3)
o SWOT Analysis of key players (up to 3)
• Regional Segmentation
o Market estimations, Forecasts and CAGR of any prominent country as per the clients interest (Note: Depends of feasibility check)
• Competitive Benchmarking
o Benchmarking of key players based on product portfolio, geographical presence, and strategic alliances
Select License Type
Best in class reports with high standard of research integrity
24X7 Research Support
Continuous support to ensure the best customer experience.
Adding more values to your product of interest.
Safe & Secure Access
Providing a secured environment for all online transactions.
Trusted by 600+ Brands
Serving the most reputed brands across the world.